Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 137
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
4 Fresh Ears of Corn, kernels removed from cob and 2 cobs reserved
1 Small Onion, diced
1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
1 Large Potato, peeled and diced
1 Stalk of Celery, diced
4 Strips of Bacon, chopped
2 Pieces of Chicken, leg and thigh quarters
1 Tbsp of Butter
1 Tbsp of Flour
7 cups of Water
1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 Tbsp of Fresh Chopped Parsley
2 tsp of Olive Oil
1) In a large pot over medium high heat, heat the oil. Add the bacon and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside.
2) Place the chicken in the bacon drippings and cook for a couple minutes on each side or until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the chopped potato, celery, pepper and onion, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until they start to turn golden. Add the butter and flour and stir until the flour disappears. Add the water and bring to a boil.
3) Once it comes to a boil, add the corn kernels, chicken, bacon and 2 of the reserved cobs. Let come to a boil and turn the heat down to medium and let cook for 45 minutes.
4) After 45 minutes remove the chicken from the pan and set aside for a few minutes. Remove the corn cobs and discard. Turn the heat up to medium high.
5) Using two forks shred the chicken off the bone and add back to the pot with the heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper. Turn off the heat and enjoy!