Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 956
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 4Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
4 Bell Peppers or Poblano Peppers
1-1/2 Cups of Cooked Shredded Chicken
1/2 cup of Corn Kernels
1/2 cup of Cooked Black Beans
1/4 cup of Chopped Scallions
1/4 cup of Chopped Cilantro
1 cup of Shredded Cheddar
1-1/2 cups (or more) of Mild Red Enchilada Sauce
1) Cut the peppers in half lengthwise, remove the seeds and set aside. Preheat a grill pan or skillet over high heat, place the peppers on it and grill them for a couple minutes on each side, remove to a plate and set them aside.
2) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, pour a little enchilada sauce in the bottom of a casserole dish big enough to fit the peppers in it snugly.
3) In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, corn, black beans, scallions, cilantro, 1/2 cup of cheese (a little more won’t hurt) and about 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce.
4) Fill the peppers with the mixture, top with a little more sauce and sprinkle on some cheese. Bake them for about half an hour or until bubbly.
5) Allow them to cool slightly before serving!