Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 884
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 4Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
4 6oz Chicken Breasts, butterflied and pounded thinly
4 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter, cold
3 Tbsp of Chopped Parsley
2 Tbsp of Chopped Chives or green onions
1 tsp of Dried Dill
1 Clove of Garlic, minced
1 tsp of Lemon Zest
1/2 cup of Flour
2 Tbsp of Milk
1-1/2 cups of Panko BreadCrumbs
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place a wire rack over top of a baking sheet and set aside.
2) Cut the butter into 4 pieces and pop it in the freezer while you work on everything else.
3) In a small bowl, mix together the chopped parsley, chives, dill, garlic and lemon zest, set aside.
4) In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk with a pinch of salt and pepper. Set those aside and sprinkle the flour on a shallow plate followed by the panko bread crumbs.
5) When you’re ready to assemble, add about 1/4 cup of vegetable oil in a large skillet and preheat it over medium-high heat.
6) To assemble, lay each piece of pounded chicken breast on your work surface, season with salt and pepper, place one piece of butter on the side closest to you followed by 1 Tbsp or so of the chopped herb mixture.
7) Roll it tightly making sure to tuck in the ends and secure with some toothpicks.
8) Dredge each rolled chicken breast in the flour, dip in the eggs and dredge in the breadcrumbs.
9) Sear them in the hot pan until golden brown and crispy on all sides, transfer to the rack over the baking sheet and pop them in the oven to finish cooking completely, about 25 minutes.
10) Remove the toothpicks and serve!