Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 53
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
2-6oz Chicken Breast, Butter flied and Pounded to About 1/8 inch Thick
1 Cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs ( the kind without cheese)
2 Tsp Granulated Garlic
2 tsp Granulated Onion
1 cup All Purpose Flour
¼ Cup Milk
¼ cup Olive Oil
Fresh Parmiggiano Reggiano
4 cups Cleaned Baby Arugola
¼ Pitted Kalamata Olives, halved
3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 ½ Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) In a large shallow dish beat the eggs and milk, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
2) In another shallow dish add the bread crumbs, 1 tsp of garlic, 1 tsp of onion, ¼ cup freshly grated parmiggiano reggiano. Season with salt and pepper, mix to combine and set aside.
3) In another shallow dish add the flour, remaining 1 tsp of garlic and onion and season with salt and pepper and set aside.
4) In a large non stick skillet add the ¼ cup of olive oil ( not the extra virgin, that’s for the lemony dressing) and preheat it over medium high heat. Add the chicken breast, and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side, you want them to be golden brown and crispy. If you don’t have a big enough skillet to cook them both at the same time then just cook one at a time and keep the cooked one in the oven at 250 to keep warm.
5) In a large bowl add the arugula, olives, the extra girgin olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and toss lightly to mix everything together.
6) Once the chicken cutlets are done, plate one up and add the lemony arugula right over the top. With a vegetable peeler shave some good parmiggiano reggiano over the whole thing.
The combination between the crispy hot chicken breast, the cool slightly tart arugola, the salty olives and the sharp cheese is a pretty unbeatable combination. This is one of my very favorite dishes and if I could I would eat it everyday for every meal! Try it out and let me know what you think