Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 528
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 4Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
4 6 oz Pieces of Chicken Breast, pounded thinly
2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1 Small Onion, finely chopped
1 Fresno Chili, deseeded and finely minced
2 Tbsp of Fresh Chopped Parsley
2 Tbsp of Fresh Chopped Basil
24 oz can of Tomato Passata or Crushed Tomatoes
2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
4oz Ball of Mozzarella, thinly sliced
Freshly Grated Parmiggiano Reggiano (parmesan cheese)
Salt and Pepper to taste
4 Steak Rools or any other crusty Italian rolls, split in half
1) In a saucepan over medium heat, add the oil and let it get a little hot, add the onion, garlic, Fresno and half of the parsley and basil and let it all cook together for about 4 minutes or until the veggies have softened.
2) Add the tomato passata, and partially cover the pan with a lid, reduce the heat to medium low and let it simmer for about 15 minutes.
3) In an oven proof skillet over medium heat, add a couple tablespoons of olive oil and let that preheat until its really nice and hot.
4) Season the chicken breast with some salt and pepper ad place them seasoned side down in the hot pan, season the other side and cook them for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until fully cooked through.
5) Remove the lid from the saucepan, season the sauce with salt and pepper and the remaining herbs.
6) Ladle some of the sauce on top of each piece of chicken breast, lay a couple of slices of mozzarella on top, and cover it all with some good parmesan cheese.
7) Pop the whole thing under a broiler along with the Italian crispy rolls and just leave them under the broiler for a couple minutes, long enough to toast the bread and melt the cheese.
8) Allow them to cool for about 2 minutes before you assemble otherwise the cheese will slide when you try to cut them.