Cook time minutes
- 6 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 4 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 28oz Cans of Crushed Italian Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Basil
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 1 Cup White Wine
- ½ Cup Kalamata Olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 4 Boneless Skinless Thin Chicken Breast, (they are usually called chicken cutlets, or you can get 6 ounce pieces of chicken breast and pound them thinly with a meal mallet) about 1 ½ pounds in total
- 1 ½ cup Plain Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tbsp Granulated Garlic Powder
- ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp of Milk
- 1 8oz Ball of Fresh Mozzarella Thinly Sliced
- 8 Slices of Provolone Cheese
- Fresh Parmiggiano Cheese, about ¾ cup
- 1 Pound Box of Spaghetti
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp Hot Pepper Flakes
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2) Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the spaghetti.
3) Preheat a medium non stick sauté pan on medium heat. Add 3 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and the garlic. Sauté until the garlic is light brown and fragrant. Add hot pepper flakes and cook for 30 more seconds. Add wine and let the alcohol cook out and the wine reduce by half, this will take about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper to taste, (but not too much salt because the olives are very salty.) Place a lid on the pan and cook for 25 minutes.
4) While the sauce cooks get the ingredients together for the chicken so you have a little assembly line. Put the flour in a shallow platter and season with salt and pepper; mix with a fork to distribute evenly. In a wide bowl, combine the eggs and milk and also season with salt and pepper, beat until frothy. Put the bread crumbs on a plate and add the garlic powder and of course season with salt and pepper.
5) Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high flame in a large non stick skillet. Lightly dredge both sides of the chicken cutlets in the seasoned flour, and then dip them in the egg wash to coat completely, letting the excess drip off, then dredge in the bread crumbs. When the oil is nice and hot, add the cutlets and fry for 4 minutes on each side until golden and crusty, turning once.
6) When the sauce has cooked for 25 minutes add the chopped olives, parsley and basil. Ladle 1 cup of sauce in a 9 by 9 non stick baking dish and place the chicken cutlets on top. Ladle some of the sauce (reserve a good amount of sauce for the spaghetti) over the chicken breast and top them with 2 slices of provolone each, a couple slices of the fresh mozzarella and a good amount of fresh parmiggiano cheese.
7) Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
8) While the chicken bakes cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and toss with some of the sauce and a good amount of cheese,
9) Serve the chicken along side the hot spaghetti. Serve immediately!
Once you make this dish you will be instantly addicted, Forget about that boring piece of chicken with tasteless marinara sauce. This is absolutely the most amazing chicken parm you will ever have! The sauce is spicy, full of wonderful flavors and the chicken is crispy and juicy and the 3 different cheeses are total perfection!