Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 29
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
1 1/2 pounds Thin Cut Chicken Breast
(or use 4 6ounce whole chicken breast and pound thin with a meat mallet)
¼ cup Lemon Juice
½ cup White Wine
1 cup Chicken Stock
6 Thin Half Moon Slices of Lemon
3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
5 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, divided
2 Tbsp Capers
3 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley
All Purpose Flour, for dredging
1 Medium Shallot, chopped
2 Cloves Garlic, chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
1) On medium high Heat, preheat the olive oil in a large deep nonstick skillet,
2) Season the flour with salt and pepper. Dredge 2 tbsp of butter in the seasoned flour and set aside.
3) Dredge the chicken breast into the flour shaking off any excess flour and set aside.
4) When the oil is hot add 1 Tbsp of butter, when the butter is melted add the chicken and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through. (You might need to do this in batches) Remove the chicken from the pan and add the shallot in with the pan juices. Cook the shallot until soft and translucent about 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
5) Add the wine and let it cook for 2 minutes, just until all the alcohol cooks out and the wine reduces by half. Add the chicken stock and 2 Tbsp of butter and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the liquids reduce by half about 5 to 6 minutes. Add the chicken back in with the liquids and add the capers, 2 Tbsp of the dredged butter and the lemon juice. Cook for 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens, add the parsley and lemon slices and cook for 30 seconds. Serve this amazing chicken piccata with a side of angel hair to soak up all those delicious juices.