Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 219
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Get Social With Laura!
1 Sheet Store-Bought Puff Pastry, thawed
2 Large Carrots, peeled and diced
1 Large Onion, diced
2 Stalks of Celery, diced
1 ˝ lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
3 cups Chicken Stock
1 cup Frozen Pearl Onions, thawed
1 cup Frozen Peas, thawed
1/3 cup Unsalted Butter
1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
˝ cup Heavy Cream
Salt and Pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
1 Egg, beaten with 1 tbsp of water to make egg wash
1) In a large pot over medium high heat, add the olive oil and get it so its nice and hot, add the chicken pieces and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 to 6 minutes. Add the chopped onions, carrots and celery and cook them for about 5 to 7 minutes or until the veggies start to cook down and develop some color around the edges.
2) Add the butter and stir until it melts, than add the flour and mix everything together with the veggies and chicken to make sure the roux is coating everything and let it cook for about 1 minute so that the roux doesn’t taste gluey.
3) Add the chicken stock and the thyme and bring it to a boil, let it cook for about 15 minutes. Add the heavy cream, peas, pearl onions and season with salt and pepper to taste, let it cook for about 10 more minutes, meanwhile preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
4) Grease 4 large oven proof bowls and set aside. Roll out the puff pastry onto a lightly floured board and using the bowl as a guide, cut the dough into the same shape as the bowl making sure its about 1 inch bigger so it will stick to the sides.
5) Evenly distribute the filling between the bowls and using a pastry brush, brush the sides of the bowls with the egg wash and cover them with the puff pastry making sure to seal the sides against the bowl.
6) Brush the tops with egg wash and sprinkle them with a little salt and pepper, make a little incision with wither a fork or knife so it doesn’t puff up and explode. Place the filled bowls on a baking sheet and cook in the preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.