Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 149
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
1 15oz can of Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley
1 Clove of Garlic
1 Small Lemon
Pinch of Hot Pepper Flakes
Salt and Pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra
Fresh Sliced Baguette
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line the bread on a baking sheet ad drizzle with olive oil on both sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for about 10 minutes.
2) In a large bowl add the chickpeas, lemon juice, fresh chopped parsley, hot pepper flakes, extra virgin and salt and pepper.
3) Using the back of a fork smash the mixture until its nice and chunky but not totally pureed.
4) When the bread comes out of the oven rub it all over with the garlic. Drizzle the bread with a little olive oil and top each one with some of the chickpea mixture.
5) Squeeze a touch of lemon over the top and dig in!