Cook time45 minutes
- 12 Egg Whites, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup of Cake Flour
- 1/3 cup of Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 cups of Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp of Cream of Tartar
- 1 tsp of Instant Espresso Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, sift together the cake flour, cocoa powder and instant espresso powder, set aside.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, add the egg whites, salt and cream of tartar, whisk on medium speed until the eggs whites are frothy.
3) Turn the speed up to medium high and start adding the sugar slowly continuing to whisk until the egg whites have reached stiff peaks.
4) Turn the mixer off and using a spatula, fold in the flour mixture and vanilla extract. When adding in the flour, add it 1/3 at a time and fold well after each addition.
5)Pour batter in an ungreased 10 inch tube pan (the 2 part pan) and run a knife through it to remove any air bubbles.
6)Bake for about 45 minutes or until it springs back to the touch. Immediately invert the pan onto a wine bottle or any kind of object that can hold the pan upside down.
7) Cool completely before removing from the pan.
8) Slice and serve some berries and whipped cream on top.