Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 879
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
16Prep time: 120 hrs
2 lbs of Whole Milk Ricotta
1-1/2 cup of Powdered Sugar
1 tsp of Vanilla Bean Paste
1 14.5oz Can or Jar of Spirited Cherries or Tart Cherries in their juice
4 oz Bar of Bittersweet Chocolate, finely chopped
16 Cannoli Shells
1) Place a piece of cheesecloth in a strainer and hang it over a bowl, add the ricotta in the cloth line strainer and cover it with a bit more cheese cloth. Place a small plate over the top of the ricotta and weigh it down with a large can of tomatoes or anything heavy.
2) Let it strain in the fridge overnight.
3) Strain the cherries (save the juice for a cocktail) and give them a rough chop, then squeeze the chopped cherries in with your hands to release any juices, set aside in a small bowl.
4) In a large bowl, add the strained ricotta, powdered sugar, vanilla, chopped cherries and chopped chocolate, stir everything so itís all well mixed.
5) Add the filling in a large disposable piping bag fitted with a large tip, pipe the mixture in the cannoli shells and sprinkle over some powdered sugar. Serve right away for best tasting cannoli.