Cook time minutes
ServingsMakes About 4 Dozen
- 1 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 3/4 of a Cup of Quick Cooking Oats
- 1 1/2 Cup of All Purpose Flour
- ¼ Cup of Cocoa Powder
- ¾ Cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 2/3 Cup of Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups of Maraschino Cherries
1) In a large bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda, set aside.
2) Melt the chocolate in a small bowl and set aside. In a large bowl cream together the sugar and butter, add vanilla and eggs and mix to combine. Whisk in the melted chocolate.
3) Stir in the dry ingredients, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4) Preheat your oven to 350 degree.
5) Drop by tablespoon full on a non stick baking sheet and using your index finger make a little indent into each ball of dough, insert 1 cherry into each one.
6) Bake for 10 to 12 minutes and let cool completely before serving.