Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 64
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Makes About 4 Dozen
2 ¼ cups All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/8 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp of Unsalted Room Temperature Butter
2 tbsp Vegetable Shortening at Room Temperature
¾ cup of Granulated Sugar
¾ of a Cup of Brown Sugar
2 cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips
1) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2) Combine together the first 4 ingredients and set aside.
3) In a mixer bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter, shortening, and both sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix together until all creamy and combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is mixed well.
4) Add the dry ingredients and mix just to combine. Add the chocolate chips and mix just to distribute them through the batter.
5) Using a small ice cream scoop, drop the cookie dough 2 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly golden brown around the edges.
6) Cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet then remove onto wire rack and cool completely.
These are not your typical doughy and dense cookies. These are light, crisp yet soft, chewy and incredibly chocolaty. The cinnamon is not strong enough to detect right away it just makes the chocolate more intense. I promise that once you make these cookies, you will never stop making them because they are seriously addicting. Enjoy!