Cook time20 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups of Flour
- 1/3 cup of Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- ľ tsp Baking Soda
- Ĺ tsp Salt
- 8 tbsp Cold Unsalted Butter
- Ĺ cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ĺ cup of Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Egg
- Egg Wash (one egg beaten with 1 tbsp of water)
- Coarse Sugar
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) In a large bowl, mix together the first 5 ingredients. Cut the butter into small pieces and add it to the dry mixture. Add the dry ingredients in the bowl of a standing mixer thatís fitted with a paddle attachment and let it mix until the butter is distributed well and itís in little bits throughout the dry mixture.
3) In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, cream and vanilla. Add it to the dry mixture and mix until the dough comes together.
4) Dump it on a lightly floured board and shape into a circle or a rectangle thatís about 3/4 inch think. Cut into 8 triangles and place them on the parchment paper lined baking sheet. Brush them with egg wash and sprinkle all over the top with the raw sugar.
6) Bake for 17 to 18 minutes or until golden brown