Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 756
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Makes a couple dozenPrep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
1 cup of All Purpose Flour
2/3 cup of Granulated Sugar
1/2 cup of Cocoa Powder
1/4 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
1 tsp of Baking Powder
1/4 tsp of Salt
1/2 tsp of Instant Espresso Powder
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup of Confectioner Sugar
1) In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and instant espresso powder, set aside.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar, add the vanilla and eggs and mix until creamy and smooth.
3) Add the dry ingredients and mix them in long enough to combine.
4) Place the dough in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours or up to overnight.
5) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, line a couple baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
6) Using a small ice cream scoop or two spoons, form little balls of dough and coat them in the confectioner sugar, place them a couple inches apart on your prepared baking sheets.
7) Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes and allow them to cool completely before serving.