Cook time20 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup of Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1/2 tsp of Instant Espresso Powder
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup of Whole Milk
- 1/4 cup of Sour CreamTopping:
- 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tbsp of Flour
- 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp of Cold Unsalted Butter, cut into small pieces
1) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line a muffin tin with liners.
2) In a bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, espresso powder and cocoa powder, set aside.
3) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the sugar and butter, add the eggs and vanilla and get everything well incorporated.
4) Add the milk and sour cream and mix them in (donít panic if your mixture looks curdled) add the dry ingredients and mix them in just long enough to get a smooth mixture.
5) Divide your batter evenly in your muffin liners and set aside while you make the topping.
6) In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the crumb topping and using either a pastry cutter or a fork, mix together making sure your cutting the butter into the dry mixture.
7) Sprinkle the topping all over the top of the muffins and bake them for about 20 to 25 minutes or until fully cooked through.