Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 312
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
1/3 cup of Bittersweet Chocolate, chopped
1 Tbsp of Water
¼ tsp of Instant Espresso Powder
1 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
1 Egg Yolk
1 Egg White
½ tsp of Vanilla Extract
2 Tbsp of Granulated Sugar
½ cup of Heavy Cream
1) In a bowl, whisk the heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks, set in the fridge while you work on the rest of the recipe.
2) In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolk and sugar for 2 to 3 minutes or until it becomes thick and pale in color and the sugar dissolves, set aside.
3) In a small saucepan, add about an inch of water and bring it to a simmer. Place a small bowl over the saucepan and add the chocolate, water, espresso and butter and over very low heat, cook everything together just until the chocolate melts.
4) Spoon ¼ of the chocolate into the egg yolk mixture and mix it just enough to combine. Pour the egg yolk mixture back into the small bowl over the simmering water in the saucepan with the remaining chocolate mixture, add the vanilla extract and stirring constantly, cook over low heat for a couple minutes or until the mixture thickens. Let it cool for a few minutes stirring frequently.
5) In a small bowl, whisk the egg white until it forms stiff peaks. Fold the egg white in the cooled chocolate mixture.
6) Fold the chocolate mixture into the whipped heavy cream being careful not to over mix otherwise the heavy cream will lose its texture.
7) Pour the mixture into cups and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 to 6 hours. Enjoy!