Cook time minutes
ServingsMakes about 2 Dozen
For the crust:
- 1 ½ cup of All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup of Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- ¼ cup of Brown SugarFor the filling:
- 3 Eggs
- ¾ cups of Light Corn Syrup
- ¾ cup of Granulated Sugar
- 2 tbsp of Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 ¾ cup of Pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 ½ cups of Semisweet Chocolate Chips
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13inch baking pan with non stick cooking spray, lay the bottom with parchment paper and set aside.
2) In a large bowl mix together all of the crust ingredients, mix until when pinched between fingers the dough sticks together. Press into prepared baking pan and bake for 15 minutes.
3) In the same large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar, add the corn syrup, vanilla, butter and salt and mix it all together. Add the nuts and chocolate chips and using a spatula fold them in the batter.
4) Pour evenly onto pre baked crust and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely about 3 hours and cut into bars.