Cook time10 minutes
- 2-1/2 cups of Whole Milk
- 4 Tbsp of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp of Cornstach
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of Instant Espresso Powder
- Dash of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup of Semisweet Chocolate Chips, melted
1) Add the milk to a saucepan and bring it to a simmer, meanwhile in a large bowl using a hand held electric whisk, add the egg yolks, sugar, cocoa powder, salt and espresso powder and whisk on medium-high speed for about 2 to 3 minutes (it will start out really hard and dry but will come together).
2) Add the hot milk while constantly whisking the chocolate mixture, then pour the whole thing back into the pot and cook on low while constantly whisking for about 8 minutes (a minimum of 7 minutes and donít be tempted to stop if it thickens quickly, it needs time to cook).
3) Once cooked, pass it through a fine sieve, add the vanilla and stir in the melted chocolate, whisk it all to combine and either serve it as is, or cover with some plastic wrap (making sure the plastic is touching the surface of the chocolate) and let it set in the fridge overnight.