Cook time15 minutes
ServingsMakes a couple dozen
For the Cookies:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 2/3 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup of All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup of Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp of Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1/4 of Salt
- Tiny Pinch of Cayenne PepperFor the cinnamon Sugar:
- 1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar mixed with ½ tsp of Cinnamon
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, line a couple baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2) In a large bowl, using a whisk, whisk together the sugar and butter, then add the egg and vanilla and cream until smooth, add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt and mix it using a spatula until the dough comes together.
3) Using an ice cream scoop scoop out equivalent of one tablespoon of the cookie dough, form into a ball and dip into the cinnamon sugar, place on a baking sheet and repeat, placing them couple inches apart from each other.
4) Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until set around the edges, place them on a cooling rack to cool completely.