Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 745
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 4Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
1/2 lb of Corkscrew Pasta (or any shape of pasta you like), cooked according to package directions and drained
4 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
4 Tbsp of Flour
Pinch of Nutmeg
Salt and Pepper, to taste
2 cups of Whole Milk, warmed in either a microwave or in a small pan
2 cups of Shredded Monetery Jack Cheese
1/2 cup of Parmiggiano Reggiano, grated
1/4 cup of Bread Crumbs
6 oz of Spanish Chorizo, diced
2 Tbsp of Butter
1 tsp of Granulated Onion
2 tsp of Granulated Garlic
1 tsp of Paprika
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2) Saute the chorizo in a small sauté pan over medium high heat until the pancetta is crispy around the edges, drain with a slotted spoon onto a small plate and set aside.
3) In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the flour. Stir it together and cook it for about a minute.
4) While constantly stirring, slowly add the milk and cook it for about 4 to 5 minutes or until the milk turns into a custard consistency. Season with a touch of nutmeg, granulated onion, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper to taste and take off the heat. Add all of the grated cheese and half of the parmiggiano, stir until all of the cheeses have melted, add in the cooked and drained pasta and mix together until everything is well combined.
5) Put the mac and cheese into a buttered casserole dish and sprinkle the bread crumbs and the remaining parmiggiano evenly over the top, add little dots of butter over the top and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the top is golden and bubbly.