Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 814
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 4Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
1 ½ cups of Cooked White Rice
1 Small Yellow Onion, minced
3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1 tsp of Cumin
1 tsp of Chili Powder
1 tsp of Granulated Garlic
1 ¼ lb of Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, cut into large chunks,
3 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
½ cup of Chicken Stock
Zest of ½ Lime and Lime Wedges on the side
½ cup of Cilantro, chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Toss the chicken with the cumin, granulated garlic, chili powder, salt and pepper and set aside.
2) In a large skillet with high side, add the oil and allow it to get nice and hot over medium heat.
3) Add the chicken and cook stirring for a few minutes until all the sides develop some good color, remove to a plate.
4) Add the the onion and garlic and saute until the onions become translucent and cook down quite a bit, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the chicken stock and allow it to reduce by half.
5) Add the rice and chicken and give everything a good stir and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6) Allow everything to cook together for a couple minutes to make sure the rice is heated through.
7) Add the zest of the lime and cilantro and stir it in.
8) When ready to serve, squeeze a little lime juice over the top