Cook time20 minutes
- 1 ½ cups of Cooked White Rice
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, minced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp of Cumin
- 1 tsp of Chili Powder
- 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic
- 1 ¼ lb of Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, cut into large chunks,
- 3 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup of Chicken Stock
- Zest of ½ Lime and Lime Wedges on the side
- ½ cup of Cilantro, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Toss the chicken with the cumin, granulated garlic, chili powder, salt and pepper and set aside.
2) In a large skillet with high side, add the oil and allow it to get nice and hot over medium heat.
3) Add the chicken and cook stirring for a few minutes until all the sides develop some good color, remove to a plate.
4) Add the the onion and garlic and saute until the onions become translucent and cook down quite a bit, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the chicken stock and allow it to reduce by half.
5) Add the rice and chicken and give everything a good stir and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6) Allow everything to cook together for a couple minutes to make sure the rice is heated through.
7) Add the zest of the lime and cilantro and stir it in.
8) When ready to serve, squeeze a little lime juice over the top