Cook time35 minutes
ServingsMakes 16 brownies
For the cheesecake filling:
- 8 oz of Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 10 Oreo Cookies, crushed to crumblesFor the brownie batter:
- 3/4 cup of All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup of Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- 1 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup of Semisweet Chocolate Chips, melted
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, line an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper, spray with some non-stick spray and set is aside.
2) Start by making your cheesecake filling. In a medium bowl, using a handheld electric whisk, cream together the cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla until smooth, fold in the crushed cookies and set aside.
3) To make the brownie layer, in a large bowl, add the butter and sugar and whisk with your electric whisk until combined, then add the eggs and continue to whisk for another minute, then add the melted chocolate and whisk until the mixture is creamy and well combined.
4) Add the flour, cocoa powder and salt, fold it in using a spatula until your batter comes together.
5) Take about half of the brownie batter, add that to the bottom of your prepared pan, make sure itís nice and even, pour over the cheesecake cookie mixture, then dollop the remaining brownie batter on top and using the back of a spoon, smear it out as best as you can.
6) Pop them in the oven for about 35 minutes then allow them to cool completely before cutting and serving!