Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 480
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 10Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
1 cup of flour
1 cup of Cornmeal
½ cup of Sugar
3 tsp of Baking Powder
½ tsp of Baking Soda
½ tsp of Salt
1 cup of Buttermilk
½ cup of Milk
¼ cup of Unsalted Butter, melted
¼ cup of Shortening
1) Place a 10 inch cast iron skillet on the stove top over medium heat and pre-heat for 10 minutes.
2) Pre-heat the oven to 375.
3) In a large bowl whisk together the flour, corn meal, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda and set aside.
4) In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, whole milk, eggs and melted butter.
5) Add the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk it all together until you have a nice smooth batter.
6) Add the shortening to the hot skillet and let it melt, pour the batter ino the skillet.
6) Carefully place it into the oven and let it bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
7) Allow to cool completely before serving.