Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 1091
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Makes 12Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
12 Hot Dogs of your choice
For the Batter:
1/2 cup of Cornmeal
1/2 cup of All Purpose Flour
1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
2 tsp of Baking Powder
1/4 tsp of Baking Soda
1/2 tsp of Salt
2 Tbsp of Melted Butter
1/4 cup of Whole Milk
1/2 cup of Buttermilk
1) Skewer the hot dogs with some bamboo skewers and set them aside.
2) Add enough oil to fill a heavy bottomed pot half way and start preheating it over medium high heat.
3) To make the batter, in a bowl mix together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar and set aside.
4) In a separate bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the buttermilk, whole milk, butter and egg, pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix to combine well.
5) Pour the batter into a large cup (watch the video for a better understanding) then once you’re ready to fry, dip your hot dogs in the batter and pop them in the hot oil. Cook them for about 3 minutes or until deeply golden brown, drain them on a paper towel lined platter and let them cool slightly before serving.