Cook time10 minutes
ServingsServes 8 to 10
- 1 cup of All Purpose Flour
- ⅔ cup of Whole Milk
- 4 cups of Fresh (or frozen or canned) corn kernels
- 2 Eggs
- 5 Scallions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp of Olive oil
- 2 tsp of Paprika
- A Few Dashes of Hot Sauce
- 2 tsp of Baking Powder
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Oil, enough for shallow frying
1) Add enough oil in either a large dutch oven or cast iron skillet to come up bout ⅓ of the way up the sides. Let it come to temperature at about 365 degrees.
2) In a skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and let it get nice and hot. Add the scallion and corn, saute them for about 4 to 5 minutes or until the corn starts to develop a bit of color. Remove to a bowl and allow it to cool for a bit.
3) In a large bowl, mix together the flour, paprika, baking powder and salt.
4) In either a large measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs and hot sauce.
5) Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix everything together until its nice and combined.
6) Fold in the cooked corn mixture.
7) Using two small spoons, drop little spoonfuls of mixture into the hot oil and let them cook for a few minutes making sure to flip them around until deeply golden brown.
8) Drain on a paper towel lined plate and serve immediately!
Note 1: These are ridiculously good dipped in maple syrup!
Note 2: I halved the recipe in the video, this amount will feed up to 10 people as a starter.