Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 483
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 8Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 55 mins
5 cups of Cornbread Crumbs, either from fresh cornbread or store bought
2 Onions, chopped
2 Cloves of garlic
4 Stalks of Celery, chopped
4 Slices of Bacon, chopped
3 Tbsp of Butter
About 3 cups of Chicken Stock
1 tbsp of poultry seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2) In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crisp, remove to a plate and add the butter in the same skillet.
3) Add the veggies, season lightly with salt and pepper and cook on medium heat for about 10 to 12 minutes or until the veggies have softened.
4) In a bowl, add the cornbread, the cooked veggie mixture, eggs, poultry seasoning, and chicken stock.
5) Mix everything together and place it in a buttered 2 quart baking dish. Dot the top with a bit more butter if you’d like and bake it for about 45 minutes or until the top is crispy golden brown.