Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 825
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 4Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 hrs
1-1/2 lb of Wild Mushrooms
1 Onion, chopped
3 Cloves of Garlic, diced
1/2 cup of Dried Porcini
3-1/2 cups of Chicken Stock
1/4 cup of Heavy Cream
2 Tbsp of Flour
Few Sprigs of Fresh Thyme
Splash of Sherry or Marsala
3 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
2 Tbsp of Freshly Chopped Parsley
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Add the butter in a large pot and preheat it over medium-high heat, add the butter and allow it to melt.
2) Add the mushrooms, onions and garlic and cook for 7 minutes or so or until the veggies begin to cook down and develop some good color.
3) Meanwhile, bring one cup of water to a boil and add it to a small bowl along with the dried porcini, set aside and allow them to steep for about 5 minutes, remove from the liquid and give them a good chop, set aside.
4) Add the flour to the mushrooms and stir in for 30 seconds, deglaze with the sherry (or omit it completely) add the chicken stock, chopped porcini, porcini “stock” (minus the very last tablespoon from the bottom of the bowl) and thyme, bring to a boil, turn the heat down to low and simmer the soup for about 45 minutes.
5) Remove the thyme stems, add half of the soup to a blender and puree until smooth, add it back in the large pot with the remaining soup, add the cream, season with salt and pepper to taste and simmer for just a minute.
6) Stir in the fresh parsley when you’re ready to serve!