Cook time25 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6 as a side
- 5 Ears of Corn
- 3 Slices of Bacon, chopped
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tbsp of Flour
- 1 1/2 cups of Milk
- 1/4 cup of Heavy Cream
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) In a skillet with high sides, add the onions and bacon and cook over medium heat until the onions have softened and the bacon is slightly crisp around the edges.
2) Add the corn kernels and coat them in the onion and bacon drippings, add the flour and cook, stirring for about 1 minute.
3) Add the milk, heavy cream, stir well and simmer on medium low heat for about 20 minutes or so or until the corn is tender crisp.
4) Stir in the butter, season with salt and pepper and serve!