Cook time35 minutes
ServingsServes 4 as a starter
- 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Head of Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 Yellow Onion, peeled and diced
- 6 Cloves of Garlic, peeled but not chopped
- 2 Cups of Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup of Half and Half
- 1/4 cup of Freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Add the oil to a large pot, preheat it over medium heat, add the cauliflower florets, onion and garlic, season lightly with a pinch of salt and saute for 10 to 15 minutes or until the veggies have caramelized well.
2) Add the chicken stock, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the cauliflower florets are nice and soft.
3) Puree the mixture either in a blender or with an immersion blender, place the creamy soup back in the pot, add the half and half, parmigiano and adjust the seasoning to taste and simmer for just a couple minutes.