Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 877
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 6Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 4 hrs
1-1/2 lb Flank Steak
2 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
3 Red Bell Peppers, cut into 1/3” strips
2 Large Yellow Onions, sliced into half moons about the same thickness as the peppers
6 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
8oz can of Diced Tomatoes with Chilies
1 Tbsp of Chili Powder
1 tsp of Cumin
1 tsp of Granulated Garlic
1 tsp of Granulated Onion
1 tsp of Paprika
1/2 tsp of Ground Coriander
1/2 tsp of Oregano
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Preheat a large skillet over high heat, add the oil and allow it to get nice and hot. Season your steak on both sides with salt and pepper and sear it in the hot skillet for about 3 minutes on each side.
2) Meanwhile, in a very large bowl, toss together the onions, peppers, garlic, all the spices, diced tomatoes and chilies and salt and pepper.
3) Place half of the veggie mixture in the bottom of your slow cooker pot, top with the seared steak and tumble over the remaining veggie mixture.
4) Cook on high for about 3 to 4 hours or low for about 6 to 8.
5) When ready to serve, lift the steak from the pot, slice into thin slices against the grain and add it back in the pot.
6) Serve with tortillas and your favorite toppings.