Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 453
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Get Social With Laura!Snap: LauraVitale86
Makes 12 RollsPrep time: 1 hrs
Cook time: 20 mins
4 cups of All Purpose Flour
¼ oz Package of Rapid Rise Yeast
1/3 cup of Granulated Sugar
1 tsp of Salt
1 cup of Milk, slightly warm
1/3 cup of Unsalted Butter, Softened
3 Egg Yolks
3 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter, melted
1) In a small saucepan, add the milk and butter and warm it just enough until the butter melts (use a candy thermometer to make sure the mixture reaches 120 degrees.)
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a dough hook, add the warm butter and milk mixture and sprinkle the yeast over the top. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
3) To the yeast mixture, add the flour, sugar, egg yolks and salt and mix with the speed on low just until the flour is incorporated.
4) Increase the speed to medium high and kneed the dough for about 5 to 7 minutes or until it is nice and smooth and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
5) Lightly grease a bowl with some olive oil and set aside.
6) Once the dough is nice and smooth, form into a ball and place it seam side down in the oiled bowl and grease the top and sides of the dough with a little oil as well. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it somewhere warm for about an hour or until it has almost doubled in size.
7) Dump the dough onto your work surface, (flour it a little if necessary) and deflate it. Cut the dough into 12 equal pieces.
8) Cover the dough pieces with a kitchen towel as you work with one piece at a time.
9) Lightly grease a 9X13” baking dish with either butter or cooking spray and set aside.
10) Take each piece of dough and roll it in a smooth ball, place the ball seam side down in the greased baking dish, cover the baking dish with a kitchen towel so that the formed buns won’t dry out.
11) Once you have all the rolls in the baking dish, cover them with plastic wrap and allow them to sit in a nice warm place for about an hour or until they are about one and half times bigger than the original size.
12) Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees and position one of the oven racks into the center of the oven.
13) Once the rolls have risen, bake them for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Brush them with melted butter immediately when they come out of the oven and enjoy!