Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 692
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 4-6Prep time: 2 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
2 cups All Purpose flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Salt
¼ cup Granulated Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
¼ tsp Freshly Grated Nutmeg (or more depending on your taste)
2 cups of Eggnog
About 1/2 cup of milk
2 Eggs, separated
1) Beat the egg whites in a large bowl until stiff peaks, set aside.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg, set aside.
3) In a separate bowl of large measuring cup, whisk together the egg yolks, vanilla and eggnog, pour this mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients. Add the milk a little at a time until your batter is thick enough to still resemble a traditional pancake batter but thinned out just a bit.
4) Fold in the egg whites carefully, allow the batter to rest while you preheat your griddle pan over medium heat.
5) Grease your griddle pan with a little non stick spray or butter. Using a 1/3 cup measuring device, form your pancakes and allow them to cook for just a couple minutes on each side or until golden brown on both sides and fully cooked through.