Cook time8 minutes
ServingsServes 6 to 8
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 2/3 cup of Granulated sugar
- 2 ½ cups of Whole Milk
- 1 ¼ cup of Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp of Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp of Ground Cloves
- ¼ tsp of Cinnamon
- ½ cup of Burbon
- 1/4 cup of Rum
1) In a large bowl, using a hand held electric mixer, beat the egg yolks and sugar until the mixture doubles in volume and it’s a nice pale color.
2) Meanwhile, add the cream, milk, cinnamon, clove and nutmeg in a saucepan and bring it to a gentle simmer.
3) Add about 1 cup of the hot milk mixture into the egg yolk mixture, making sure to constantly whisk.
4) Add the egg yolk mixture into the saucepan with the remaining liquid and cook stirring constantly until the mixture reaches 160 degrees.
5) Strain the mixture through a fine sieve, add the rum, burbon and vanilla and place it in the fridge to cool completely!
6) Serve it nicely chilled with a dollop of either whipped cream or stir in some whipped egg whites.