Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 92
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
1 large Eggplant, sliced lengthwise into 1/8 inch slices
2 cups of Basic Marinara Sauce
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 cup Part Skim Ricotta
½ cup fresh Shredded Whole Milk Mozzarella
2 tbsp fresh chopped Basil
Salt and Pepper to taste
¼ cup of Parmiggiano Reggiano plus extra for sprinkling on top
1) Preheat a grill pan to high and preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2) Brush the eggplant slices with the olive oil and grill for a few minutes on each side. Once cooked set aside to cool.
3) In a large bowl, combine the ricotta with the parmiggiano, egg, half of the shredded mozzarella and the basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4) Starting at one end of the eggplant, dollop some of the ricotta mixture and roll gently making sure not to squeeze too hard. Place them seam side down in a lightly oiled casserole dish. Season with salt. Pour over the marinara sauce and sprinkle the top with the remaining mozzarella and parmiggiano.
5) Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly and cheese has melted.