Cook time25 minutes
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Slices of Bacon, chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 15oz can of Tomato Passata or any other tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp of Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Pinch of Hot Pepper Flakes
- Freshly Grated Parmigginao Reggiano (parmesan cheese)
1) Preheat a skillet over medium high heat, add the bacon and allow it to render out some of itís fat and crisp up a bit, this should take about 2 minutes.
2) Add the garlic and hot pepper flakes and continue to cook for 1 minute.
3) Add the passata and season the mixture lightly with salt and black pepper, partially cover the skillet, turn the heat down to medium low and let the mixture cook for about 15 minutes.
4) Add the parsley and give it a good stir.
5) Crack each egg into a small ramekin and add them one by one on top of your sauce, cover them with the parmesan cheese, cover the skillet with the lid and allow the mixture to cook for 3 minutes (this is if you like your yolk just set, if you like it runny, cook them for less time)
5) Serve the eggs with the sauce over rice or just chunks of crunchy bread.