Cook time minutes
- 1 Large Head of Escarole, trimmed, washed, dried and chopped
- ½ cup of Kalamata Olives, pitted and chopped
- ¼ of a Baguette, either cut into cubes or torn into bits
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 4 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 to 2 Tbsp of White Wine Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Hot Pickled Peppers, (optional)
1) In a large skillet over low heat, add the garlic and 2 tbsp of the olive oil, slowly let it heat up and cook for about 10 minutes. Remove the garlic and increase the heat to medium high. Add the bread cubes and cook stirring often for about 5 minutes or until all the pieces are well toasted.
2) In a large bowl, add the chopped lettuce, olives, hot pickled peppers and the remaining oil the vinegar and the toasted bread. Toss well and season with salt and pepper to taste.