Cook time minutes
- 4 Slices of Cooked Thick Cut Bacon, chopped and cooled
- 4 cups of Shredded Red Cabbage
- 1 Large Fennel Bulb, thinly sliced and 1 tbsp of fennel fronds reserved
- 3 Tbsp of Chives, chopped
- ¼ cup of Light Mayo
- 2 Tbsp of Champagne Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp of Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper, to taste.
1) Put the red cabbage, fennel, chives and bacon in a large bowl and set aside.
2) In a small bowl whisk together the mayo, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard and fennel fronds. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3) Add the dressing to the cabbage mixture and toss together to combine. Season a bit more if necessary. Pop it in the fridge for a least 30 minutes before serving. It really tastes best once it has time to chill.
This is not your usual heavy mayo based coleslaw. This is light, crisp, tangy and oh so delicious. Give it a try I promise that once you have a bite of this you will never make anther coleslaw.