Preparation4 hours 0 minutes
Cook time18 minutes
ServingsMakes 1 dozen
For the Batter:
- 1 cup of All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup of Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of Water
- 1-1/2 tsp of Instant Coffee Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 12 Ferrero Rocher that have been frozenFor the topping:
- 1-1/2 cups of Heavy Cream that has been whipped to stiff peaks and sweetened with about 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 12 Additional Ferrero Rocher
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, line a muffin tin with some liners and set aside.
2) In a small saucepan, add the water and coffee powder, bring to a simmer, remove from the heat and allow it to cool.
3) To make the batter, cream together the sugar and butter, add the eggs and vanilla and contine to mix until itís well combined.
4) Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt along with the coffee infused water and mix everything together until you have a smooth batter.
5) Add a small amount of batter to each little cup, top with a frozen ferrero rocher, cover the ferrero rocher with a bit more batter.
6) Bake them for about 15 to 18 minutes, remove from the oven and allow them to cool.
7) Once cooled, spread a thin layer of nutella on top of each one, top with a dollop of the whipped cream and a ferrero rocher on top!