Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 775
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 8 to 10Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
2/3 cup Granulated Sugar
1/4 cup of Unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
1-1/4 cup of Semisweet Chocolate Chips
1/4 cup of Boiling Water
4 Eggs, Separated
1 tsp of Instant Espresso Powder
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 7” nonstick springform pan with some nonstick spray or butter, place on a baking sheet and set aside.
2) In a food processor, add the egg yolks, chocolate chips, sugar, hot water, vanilla, espresso powder and butter, pulse until you get a nice smooth mixture.
3) In a bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Pour the chocolate mixture over the egg whites and fold the two together.
4) Pour the batter into your prepared baking pan and bake for about 40 minutes or until the cake looks puffed and cracked.
5) Allow to cool completely before removing the sides of the pan. Sprinkle with cocoa and powder sugar and serve with good homemade whipped cream.