Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 1090
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
2 Large Heads of frisee, trimmed and washed and dried
3 Small Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and diced into small pieces
6 oz piece of Hot Salami, casing removed and diced into small pieces
4 Scallions, finely chopped
2 tsp of Dijon Mustard
2 Tbsp of White Wine Vinegar
4 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Bit of regular olive oil
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) To start, make the eggs. Add the eggs to a saucepan, cover them with water, bring them to a boil, turn the heat off, put a lid on and allow the eggs to sit in the hot water for 7 minutes, after the 7 minutes, place them in an ice bath and set them aside until youíre ready for them.
2) Add the cubed potatoes to a saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil, the moment the water comes to a boil, drain the potatoes well and set them aside.
3) Add about 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a medium skillet, preheat it over medium heat (just a tad higher than medium heat but not as high as medium high) once the oil is hot, add the potatoes along with a good pinch of salt and pepper and cook them for about 6 to 7 minutes stirring them often until they become nice and crispy all around and are fully cooked through, remove them to a plate using a slotted spoon and leave behind and remaining oil.
4) In the same skillet add the salami and cook it just long enough to crisp it up on all sides, remove that to a paper towel lined plate using a slotted spoon and discard any leftover oil.
5) To make the dressing, in a small jar with a tight fitting lid (you can also do this in a small bowl using a whisk) add the mustard, vinegar, olive oil, pinch of salt and some pepper, shake to mix and set aside.
6) When youíre ready to serve, add the frisee on a platter, scatter over the crispy potatoes and salami, peel and quarter the eggs and arrange them evenly over the top, scatter the scallions over that, lightly season with some salt and pepper and drizzle some of the dressing over the whole thing. Be prepared to be obsessed with this salad!! Itís to die for!