Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 772
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Makes 6-8 (depending on size)Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
1-3/4 cups of Milk (plus more if necessary)
2-1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
1/2 tsp of Salt
1 Tbsp of Baking Powder
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
Vegetable Oil for Frying
1) Fill a cast iron skillet halfway with oil and allow it to get nice and hot (about 375 degrees).
2) In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder, set aside.
3) In a large measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs and vanilla, pour into the dry ingredients and whisk everything together until creamy and smooth. If you feel like your batter is a bit thick, add a tad more milk. The batter should be slightly thicker than pancake batter.
4) Place some of the batter in a funnel cake dispenser and drizzle it in a round/zig zag pattern in the hot oil.
5) Allow the funnel cakes to cook for about a minute or two on each side or until deeply golden brown and crispy.
6) Drain them on a paper towel lined baking sheet and top them with some confectioner sugar.
Dig in right away my friend!!