Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 1140
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Makes 16Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
For the brownie base:
1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
10 oz of Semisweet chocolate
1 cup of Granulated Sugar
1/4 tsp of Salt
1 cup of Flour
2-1/2 Tbsp of Cocoa powder
1/2 tsp of Instant Espresso Powder
For the Frosting:
1/3 cup of Evaporated Milk
1/3 cup of Unsalted Butter
1/3 cup of Brown Sugar
1/3 cup of Granulated Sugar
3 Egg Yolks
1 Tbsp of Vanilla Extract
1 cup of Shredded Sweetened Coconut
1/2 cup of Chopped Pecans
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper, making sure it comes up the sides a bit, set aside.
2) In a large saucepan, add the butter and chocolate chips and melt them over medium-low heat.
3) In a large bowl, add the sugar, eggs, flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, salt and melted chocolate mixture, mix to combine, spread evenly in your prepared pan and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, allow to cool a bit.
4) To make the frosting, add the milk, butter, sugars and egg yolks and cook constantly stirring over medium low heat for 10 minutes, remove from the heat, stir in the nuts and coconut and let it sit for 5 minutes.
5) Spread the frosting over the brownies, allow to sit for a couple of hours or until set before serving.