Cook time minutes
- 1 medium Red bell Pepper, halved, seeded and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 large Tomatoes, cored and cut into small pieces
- 1 large Potato, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium Eggplant, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 2 cloves of Garlic, mined
- 1 tbsp of Tomato Paste
- ╝ cup of Water
- 1 tbsp of Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh Basil
- Day old Italian Bread cut into bite size pieces.
1) In a large pot preheat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the first 6 ingredients, season with salt and pepper to taste and sautÚ for about 5 to 7 minutes or until the veggies start to brown and brake down.
2) Add the water and tomato paste, cover and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for about 25 minutes or until the veggies are cooked.
3) For the last 2 or 3 minutes of cooking, remove the lid. Add basil and adjust seasoning to your taste.
4) Serve over chunks of day old Italian bread for a great vegetarian supper that everybody will love!