Cook time minutes
ServingsMakes About 3 or 4 Dozen
- 3 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp of Ground Ginger
- 2 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp of Baking Soda
- ½ tsp of Ground Cloves
- ½ tsp of Salt
- 1 ½ cups of Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup of Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup of Molasses
- 1 Egg
1) In a small bowl, combine together the first 6 ingredients and set aside.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted attachments, cream together the butter, sugar and molasses for 1 minute or until very smooth and creamy. Add the egg and mix to incorporate.
3) Add the dry ingredients and mix everything together until a sticky dough forms.
4) Dump dough onto a well floured board and just kneed it enough to form a ball. Cut the dough in 4 pieces and wrap each piece in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
5) Preheat the oven to 350 and lay some parchment paper on you baking sheets and set aside.
6) Take 1 large piece of parchment paper and lay in on your counter, dust generously with flour and put one piece of the dough in the center. Dust the top of the dough with flour and place another piece f parchment paper on top. Using a rolling pin roll it out until the dough is about 1/8 inch thick.
7) Using a gingerbread man cookie cutter, dip it in some flour and cut out your shapes. Using a spatula to help, place the cookies onto the parchment lined baking sheets and bake for about 10 minutes.
8) Let them cool completely before decorating to your like with some royal icing