Preparation2 hours 25 minutes
Cook time45 minutes
ServingsMakes 16 brownies
For the brownies:
- 1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 10 oz of semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of Flour
- 2-1/2 Tbsp of Cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp of Instant Espresso PowderFor the Glaze:
- 2 Tbsp of Milk
- 2 Tbsp of Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup of Confectioner Sugar
- 1 Tbsp of room temperature, unsalted butter
- Small Pinch of salt
To make the brownies:
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8” square baking pan with parchment paper, making sure it comes up the sides a bit, set aside.
2) In a large saucepan, add the butter and chocolate chips and melt them over medium-low heat.
3) In a large bowl, add the sugar, eggs, flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, salt and melted chocolate mixture. Mix everything together well.
4) Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan, bake them for 40 minutes, allow them to cool completely before glazing.
5) To make the glaze, in a bowl mix together the sugar, cocoa powder and salt, work in the butter and then start adding the milk slowly while mixing the whole time until the glaze reaches the consistency you like.
6)Spread the glaze evenly over the top, allow it to set for a while (I stick mine in the fridge because I love cold dense brownies and they set quicker this way) cut into desired shape and size and enjoy!