Cook time5 minutes
- 2 lbs of Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- 1 ½ cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp of Salt
1) Lay 2 baking sheets with lint free kitchen towels and set aside.
2) Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until they are super tender and cooked through. Mash very well with either a potato masher or a potato ricer.
3) On your work surface, mix together the cooked potatoes, flour and salt and knead it for 4 to 5 minutes or until the dough comes together and it’s very soft and smooth.
4) Tear about a golf ball piece of dough and roll it out into a ¾ inch thick rope. Cut little pieces about ¾ of an inch thick and roll them either on a gnocchi board or on a fork.
5) Lay all your gnocchi on your prepared baking sheets and allow them to sit out and dry out for about an hour.
6) When ready to serve, cook them in salted boiling water for just a couple minutes or until they float to the surface. Drain and toss with your favorite sauce.