Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 238
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Makes 3 Cups
For the Stock:
1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
1 lb chicken wings
3 Stalks of Celery, cut in quarters
2 Carrots, cut in quarters
1 Onion, cut in quarters
1 Large Head of Garlic, cut in half
½ cup of White Wine
2 Sprigs of Rosemary
4 Sprigs of Thyme
5 cups of Chicken Stock
4 Tbsp of either Butter or the fat drippings from the turkey
4 Tbsp of Flour
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Strained Turkey juices
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, add the veggies, rosemary, thyme, olive oil and wings, season with salt and pepper and roast for about 45 minutes. (give it a toss now and then)
2) Add the white wine and chicken stock and put it back in the oven for about 45 minutes or until reduced by half.
3) Strain the stock discarding all the solids. Chill and using a spoon, skim off all the fat. (this part can be made up to 3 days in advance)
4) When its time for you to make the gravy, strain the pan juices from the turkey and place the juices in a fat separator, divide the fat and the juices and place about 4 tbsp of the fat in a saucepan along with the flour, cook for about 2 minutes.
5) Slowly whisk in the turkey stock and bring to a boil, cook for a couple minutes, reduce the heat to low and let it cook for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!