Cook time15 minutes
ServingsServes 4-6, or more depending on appetite
- 1-1/2 pound of Green Beans, trimmed and washed
- 4 Slices of Bacon, chopped
- 1 Small Onion, chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tbsp of Four
- 10 oz of Mushrooms, sliced
- 1-1/4 cup of Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup of Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano
- Homemade French Fried Onion
- 2 tsp of Fresh Thyme
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Fill a large pot with water sprinkle in a good pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
2) Add the Green beans to the boiling water and cook them for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse them under cold water to stop them from cooking any further, set aside.
3) In a large skillet, add the bacon and cook it until crispy over medium heat, remove to a plate with a slotted spoon.
4) At this point, if your bacon gave out a lot of grease, get rid of it leaving behind just 1 tablespoon. Add the butter along with the onions, mushrooms and garlic and cook the veggies over medium high heat for about 7 to 8 minutes or until the veggies are cooked down.Add the flour and cook it with the veggies stirring constantly for about a minute.
5) Add the stock, thyme salt and pepper and allow the mixture to cook down on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
6) Add the green beans and cream and cook everything together for about 5 minutes.
7) Stir in the parmiggiano and cooked crispy bacon. When ready to serve, place them in a platter and scatter the top with some homemade crispy fried onions.