Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 666
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 4-6, or more depending on appetitePrep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
1-1/2 pound of Green Beans, trimmed and washed
4 Slices of Bacon, chopped
1 Small Onion, chopped
3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
2 Tbsp of Four
10 oz of Mushrooms, sliced
1-1/4 cup of Chicken Stock
1/4 cup of Heavy Cream
1/4 cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano
Homemade French Fried Onion
2 tsp of Fresh Thyme
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Fill a large pot with water sprinkle in a good pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
2) Add the Green beans to the boiling water and cook them for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse them under cold water to stop them from cooking any further, set aside.
3) In a large skillet, add the bacon and cook it until crispy over medium heat, remove to a plate with a slotted spoon.
4) At this point, if your bacon gave out a lot of grease, get rid of it leaving behind just 1 tablespoon. Add the butter along with the onions, mushrooms and garlic and cook the veggies over medium high heat for about 7 to 8 minutes or until the veggies are cooked down.Add the flour and cook it with the veggies stirring constantly for about a minute.
5) Add the stock, thyme salt and pepper and allow the mixture to cook down on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
6) Add the green beans and cream and cook everything together for about 5 minutes.
7) Stir in the parmiggiano and cooked crispy bacon. When ready to serve, place them in a platter and scatter the top with some homemade crispy fried onions.